STEM for Her is a 100% volunteer run foundation, and as such volunteers are always needed and warmly welcomed. Volunteering for an organization such as STEM for Her provides an excellent opportunity to round out your skills while contributing to an important mission. We value the time and effort provided by our volunteers, and our goal is to ensure you get the most out of your volunteer experience, while having fun and supporting a great cause.
We are in need of a chair and co-chair for the following three committees. These positions take a leadership role for a specific component of work and help the board build a committee of volunteers to execute:
- Development: Help expand our fundraising opportunities!
- Marketing & Communications: Increase public awareness for STEM for Her!
- Research & Advocacy: Lead the initiative around developing a research plan & identifying a research partner!
If you are interested in learning more about the above leadership roles, or would like to explore other volunteer opportunities, please contact: volunteer@STEMforHer.org.
STEM for Her also maintains several committees that require volunteer support to continue to grow. Highlights of these committees are as follows, however if you would like to volunteer and do not see a specific committee for your skillset, please contact the volunteer coordinator, who would be happy to work with you to bring your skills to the table.
- Development/Fundraising: Volunteers are needed to support corporate and individual giving, grant writing, the development of an ambassador program, and management of the fundraising for the Annual Holiday Party. This is a great opportunity for volunteers looking to obtain development experience.
- Finance: Volunteers are needed to assist in the preparation and management of the financial statements of the foundation, as well as manage donations. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, however not required.
- Marketing and Communications: The marketing committee is accountable for the public face of STEM for Her. Volunteers help with web management, social media, public relations, outreach communications, develop marketing materials, and create and manage campaigns such as #DoMore24, Women’s History Month, #GivingTuesday etc.
- Programs: The programs committee manages the identification, evaluation and selection of all programs that STEM for Her funds. Volunteers are needed to help manage each program and evaluate its success. Team members would also have the opportunity to collaborate with various organizations in the DC-metro area that are requesting funding.
- Strategic Alliances: Volunteers are needed to help identify and manage key strategic alliances and help build and implement a partnership strategy with the organization and STEM for Her.
- Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to help recruit, vet, place and support incoming and ongoing volunteers. Volunteers on this committee have the opportunity to also develop an appreciation program to ensure we retain and recognize our contributors.
- Miscellaneous: STEM for Her is also looking for photographers and videographers who can attend various programs to use on our website, collateral and social media.